With Visual Composer adding a background colour to a row is a quite simple process and can create visual interest in the content of a web page.
1. Create a new row or using an existing one click the pencil icon [Edit this Row]
2. The row edit popup presents the background color and text color selectors.
3. Select a color for the row background
4. If the background color is light then black text which is the default will be ok but if the background color is fairly dark then you will want to select a light colour for the text. To set a text colour click on the text colour selector.
5. Press the Save button to commit the changes.
You can see the results of the blue background with the yellow text below.
This is yellow text on a blue background.
You can add images, galleries, forms and anything else that you like that Visual Composer normally supports.