In this tutorial, we will use a plugin called “WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart”. This will allow you to add an ‘Add to Cart’ button for your product on any posts or pages. This simple shopping cart plugin lets you sell products and services directly from your own wordpress site and turns your WP blog into an ecommerce site.
1. To start with, login to your WP Dashboard. Click on Plugins > Add New. Type “WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart” in the search box and click “Search Plugins”.
2. Install the plugin and activate it.
3. Once installed, click on Settings > WP Shopping Cart.
4. Please read the Quick Usage Guide of that page.
A. To add an ‘Add to Cart’ button for a product simply add the shortcode [wp_cart_button name=”PRODUCT-NAME” price=”PRODUCT-PRICE”] to a post or page next to the product. Replace PRODUCT-NAME and PRODUCT-PRICE with the actual name and price of your product.
Example add to cart button shortcode usage:
[wp_cart_button name="Test Product" price="29.95"]
B. To add the shopping cart to a post or page (example: a checkout page) simply add the shortcode [show_wp_shopping_cart] to a post or page or use the sidebar widget to add the shopping cart to the sidebar.
Example shopping cart shortcode usage:
5. Save the page and test your shopping cart online.
To get support of the plugin that we used here, please check WP plugin directory at:
Below is a video tutorial on how to do the steps above.