Planning to add Google fonts to your WordPress site? Use Google Font Manager plugin to do it.
Enable Web Fonts Developer API
Google API key
- Add as many Google Fonts as you want to your site
- Full integration with Google Fonts API
- Automatically adds fonts to Visual Editor (WP Edit)
- Optionally adds “Web Safe Fonts” to Visual Editor
- Customize style sheet to override theme default
- AJAX-powered, no screen refreshes!
- Clean and fresh UI and UX design
- Fully responsive Admin (as of WP 3.8)
- Light-Weight… turn on and off options
- Resources only loaded in WP Admin when needed
- Multisite compatible with single API key
How to install Google Font Manager?
Step 1 Login to WordPress control panel
Step 2 Go go Plugins > Add New
Step 3 Type Google font manager in the search box and click Search Plugins
Step 4 Click Install Now under Google Font Manager. Click OK when prompted with the install window.
Step 5 Click Activate Plugin to start using Google font manager.
Step 6 Go to Settings > Google Font Manager to configure API key
Step 7 Paste the API key in the Enter your API Key box then click Update Configuration
Step 8 Please see Google Font manager page. Click on Preview Fonts tab. Click on the desired font e.g. Abel then click Add This Font.
Step 9 In this tutorial, we will create a new page to show how the Google font manager works. Go to Pages > Add New
Step 10 Enter the title of the page as Google Font Manager
Step 11 Click on the Font Family dropdown and you should be able to select Abel font there. You can add more fonts by referring to step 8. Enjoy choosing fonts for your site using Google Font Manager!